" Off the Beaten Track -Piano Rarities "
To hear a sample, click on a track title below.
"A well planned and executed CD from Regent, played by the gifted pianist Robin Zebaida.
This fascinating programme is strongly recommended."
International Record Review
"Sparkle and polish abound throughout ... musical appeal is immediate."
CDs can be purchased for
GBP 12/HKD 120 each
(Worldwide shipping fee included)
* First recording
Total playing time: 76:56
1. Causerie (Etude), Op 40, no 6
2. Après Un Rêve
Gabriel Fauré arr. Percy Grainger
3. Jeg Elsker Deg, Op 41, no 3
4. Moment Musical, Op 94, no 3
Franz Schubert arr. Leopold Godowsky
5. Etude in C sharp minor, Op 2, no 1
6. Mazurka in E minor, Op 3, no 7
7. Mazurka in C sharp minor, Op 3, no 6
8. Mazurka in E minor, Op 25, no 3
9. Doll's Lullaby (from Seven Blakemore Poems)*
11. The Almond Trees
12. The Lake in the Mountains
Ralph Vaughan Williams
13. The White Peacock (from Roman Sketches, Op 7)
14. Prelude in E flat (from 12 Children's pieces, Op 31)
15. Aux Champs, Op 34, no 7
16. Prelude in C minor, Op 16, no 1
17. Waltz in A flat, Op 40, no 8
18. Prelude in B minor, Op 11, no 1
19. Prelude in B flat minor, Op 31, no 2
20. Berceuse, Op 24, no 2
21. Cordoba (from Suite Andalucia)
22. Masque, Op 63, no 1
23. Etrangeté, Op 63, no 2
24. Elegie, Op 3, no 1
25. Pe loc (No 3 from Romanian Folk Dances)
26. Prelude in A flat, Op 34, no 17
27. Träumerei (No 4 from Stimmungsbilder, Op 9)
28. O Polichinelo (from Prole do Bebê, Book 1)
Heitor Villa Lobos
"Splendid and unusual repertoire, and lovely playing "
"Off the beaten track is really attractive - wonderful programme notes, too! "
"Lovely playing and nice compilations of all those great romantic gems. Makes me quite nostalgic… The Cui makes a beautiful intro to this CD ! "
"First of all to tell you that I have listened with great care to your CD! It is BRILLIANT!! Congratulations! The thing I like more about it, is that it is a natural performance, natural sound, with no gimmicks. "
Congratulations! The playing was exquisite and the choice of repertoire was really wonderful. I particularly love your beautiful piano tone.